Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Sunday 23 March 2014

Lazy Cow


This week Viridian’s call for Sunday Stamps was farms and farm animals and she generously said we could interpret this widely. Just as well, as the only farm animal in my little handful of stamped postcards is this one. Unlike the beasts on the stamps from other contributors, mine is being rather lazy, actually doing a spot of sunbathing on one of Jersey’s magnificent beaches. Clearly she is worn out by providing all that rich, creamy milk, Jersey cows are famed for.

The Lazy Cow was affixed to this postcard, sent to my parents on 20th August 2000, from my Dad’s cousin.


My husband and I had a happy holiday in Jersey a couple of years later, but it would appear that we didn’t send my parents a postcard - how remiss of us. Thank goodness for Dad’s cousin then.

8 comments:

  1. I love your cow! It seems the perfect stamp to be sent on a postcard during holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun stamp! Yes jersey cows are famous. Thank you for participating. One of these days I will get over to Sepia Saturday in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is definitely one lazy cow! (wish I was where she is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer 'Laid Back' or 'Relaxed' to 'Lazy' - fun stamp and a subtle advert too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen a stamp with 'Minimum postage paid', I think 2nd (class) sounds better. Fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cow, and another castle worthy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, its Lillie the Cow ( I suppose named after The Jersey Lillie) and appropriately for your postcard one of the other stamps in the set has her dining at Mont Orgueil, I imagine that rounded off her day perfectly. Jersey are so proud of their cows they seem to have a regular issue of stamps on them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.