Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Sunday 8 April 2012

Pregnant Pause


She was late again dammit,
Missed the bloody bus,
and her cycle was punctured.
Now she’d have to go underground,
and catch the Fallopian Tube

© Marilyn Brindley
Taking part in ‘The Mag’ 112 courtesy of Tess Kincaid. Why not visit and see what other partcipants have hatched from the is prompt.

The image is ‘Egg Island’ by djajakarta



19 comments:

  1. What a surreal image. You've done well to compose a witty response to it. I'd prefer to eat my way out of an Easter egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha this is cute...time to get back in line...smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like all the ovarian references in your piece

    birth death its all the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this one, although chuckled at 'the bloody bus' - very witty :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice twist ..I have a similar though darker take on this...Nice to meet you ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. smile...and well done...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha. This was a funny take on the muse with some great word twists. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol-This is adorable. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. refreshing, different, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the fallopian tube sounds far more interesting , amazing trip !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fallopian tube? Haha! Full marks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVED it! Beautiful take on the prompt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read down to here starting with the Sarajevo story, an episode in savagery that is (fortunately) rare, but hangs around with religious overtones. Then I read about your flying relatives, the famous Sopwith Camel with interest but this post is an absolute gem!
    Every line is so well crafted, with the double meanings not evident until the last line. Like a well constructed joke, the poem builds a picture, then destroys it in a word! Clever you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.