Welcome to my blog, where I take pleasure in words and pictures, be they my own or those of others. I'm a creative individual, and the crafty side I explore on my 'other blog', Picking Up The Threads, which I hope you'll visit too. I'm sure you understand that I have sole copyright of my original work and any of my contributions, so please ask if you want to use them. A polite request is rarely refused. So, as they used to say on the BBC's 'Listen With Mother' radio programme, many years ago: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

Sunday 29 January 2012

Red Spot II

Red Spot II, Wassily Kandinsky 1921


A cornucopia devoid of all its plenty
Wealth poured away
The horn is empty
A crooked path runs through the arch
A sudden stop
In its winding march
A firework frenzy of wheels and rockets
A red-hot tongue
And empty sockets
Cells mutating on a glass slide
Distorting vision
Nowhere to hide 

© Marilyn Brindley

Linking to Magpie Tales where we are invited to use the picture Tess gives us a prompt for a poem or short vignette

22 comments:

  1. I like the red tongue idea. "Nowhere to hide" is a pretty scary notion though. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i really liked your take on this, the rhythm and the rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kay. I enjoyed your imagery too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. terrific rhythm, nice ending on the unknown

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great rhyme sequence..powerful last stanza

    ReplyDelete
  7. fascinating...nice dance in your words...and a message as well...perhaps on our current state of affairs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm....A firework frenzy of wheels and rockets
    A red-hot tongue
    And empty sockets

    Wonderfully ghoulish and well rhymed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sign of great art. It invites us all to own it through interpretation. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is great.....I recently started following another blog that does this too, and never realized it was a weekly thing....till now....I like how you depicted this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it. The last bit of plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nell, that is totally awesome! You have such a way with words.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all see different things - great interpretation and observation!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the flow of this.
    And the rhymes, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glass slide resonnates; I can see the universe through your microscope.
    rel

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy your rhyming scheme and the interesting vocabulary. Your sepia photos look fascinating too. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cornucopia devoid of all its plenty
    Wealth poured away
    The horn is empty

    Good observation of the painting - and life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, "Nowhere to hide" seems true .The Beauty & the peril of Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your word painting.....clever and wonderfully written!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh excellent - once I had read your words I saw a microscope slide as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the completion of the image, said in just a few verses. Wrapped up wonderfully for me, like!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.